Assam Art & Culture - APSC Prelims
Year-wise questions asked on Assam Art & Culture in APSC Prelims since 2001
1. How many 'Ghosas' are the in the Nama Ghosa?
2. Which language was used by Sankardeva for composing Ankia Naat?
3. Which of the following was the first Ankia Naat written by Sankardeva?
4. Who is known as the father of Assamese prose?
a) Ratnakar Kandali
c) Sarbavauma Bhattacharyya
d) Gopal Aata
5. Which century witnessed the growth and development of the 'Charit Puthi'?
a) 14th century
b) 15th century
c) 16th century
d) 17th century
6. Aahar, an Assamese drama , written by Arun Sharma is a /an
a) social drama
b) historical drama
c) absurd drama
d) None of the above
7. Who among the following is the first Assamese translator of the Ramayana?
a) Ram Saraswati
b) Madhab Kandali
c) Ananta kandali
8. Which tribe of North-east celebrates the "Agalmaka" festival?
d) Sonowal Kachan
9. The illustration work of the medieval Assamese text “Hastividyarnava” was done by____.
a) Suryakhari Daibaigya
b) Sukumar Borkaith
c) Dibar and Dosai
d) Rama Saraswati
10. Bagarumba is a folk dance performed by
11. Gagana, the famous musical instrument from Assam is made from
c) Buffalo horn
12. One of the following books is the most important literary source for the study of early History of Assam. Which is the book?
a) The Mahabharata
b) The Harsha Charitra
c) The Kalika Purana
d) The Arthashastra
Join our Assam based Prelims Test Series
Do not miss a single question on Assam in the next APSC Prelims. With huge weightage on the Assam Portion for the upcoming Prelims , this exclusive Test Series promises to see you through